Saturday 11 May 2019

Chats et Chiens

It is pouring down in historic Verdun, in fact it is raining across Western Europe, so there is no escaping it. And it's no fun getting soaked on a bike so I have decided to settle into the campsite cafe and wait it out. It will be sunny tomorrow.

It's a lonely existence here as anyone with a camper van or car has headed off into Verdun. But that means that I have the launderette to myself, so I can catch up on my chores and drink endless cups of coffee.

It's kind of nice being forced to stay in one place. I am sure Verdun has a lot to offer but we did the WW1 caverns 40 years ago and I assume that they haven't changed. 

So, as long as tent holds up under the relentless downpour and Bike doesn't mind a bit of a soaking then tomorrow will be another sunny day.




Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment