Saturday 18 May 2019

End of the Rhine

The last day or so brings me back to the Rhine (or more accurately Maas, if you are Dutch) and eventually, a morning's ride to the mouth at Hoek van Holland to catch the ferry home.

It's been fun (?) with best bits probably the Rhine and Meuse gorges for scenery, the Netherlands in general for sheer calm civilised life and, perhaps surprisingly in my mind, Belgium for people who reached out to talk to me and offer directions when I looked (and was) lost. I've enjoyed camping once more though hard ground, even with some cushioning is a challenge.

At the peak, there is nothing to beat, after a hard days riding, finding a campsite, setting up tent, and then relaxing over a beer in the sunshine. I must do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment