Monday 6 May 2019

Worms Most Sorry

It was my fault but that's not the point. I got to the youth hostel in Worms, dead tired after a 90km ride and just wanted to find my bed. Except I didn't have one. The youth hostel did not have a booking. Ok, it transpired that I'd made one for the previous night but then they announced that they were now fully book.

But I knew they weren't, they had plenty of free beds it is just that the on-line booking system only offers you private rooms (which may have 4 beds in) for which you pay a premium. So they argued that everyone was expecting a private room so they couldn't do anything for me. No wriggle room in Worms.

They suggested that perhaps I could try the tourist information office (closed it turned out as they only open from 10-12noon on Saturday). So I wandered on my way, tried one hotel and then got a recommendation for another.

And this is it. Overlooking the Dom. My favourite hotel in the whole of Worms. A single bed room at a great price and I did not have to go anywhere for dinner. The food was lovely (a bit too much red wine drunk as commiseration) and the breakfast included scrambled eggs. I love Worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment